IMPORTANT NOTICE: READ CAREFULLY
You are reading this because You wish to use the technical information (the “Metadata”) published
on behalf of the Registrars. These Terms of Access and Use (these “Terms”) govern the use of the
Metadata. By accessing or using the Metadata You accept that the access and use will be on and subject to these Terms. These Terms will be binding and enforceable on You as contractual obligations.
If You do not accept these Terms, then You must not continue to use this Metadata.
In these Terms:
- “Registration Practice Statement” means a documented set of procedures governing the
operation of a Metadata Registrar;
- “Registrar” means the organization that publishes Metadata under a Registration Practice
- “Registrant” means the organization controlling an entity described by the Metadata;
- “Signer” means the organization whose digital signature is attached to the Metadata;
- “You” means the organization or user using the Metadata.
You may only use the Metadata as follows:
- Installation onto your own IT systems for the purpose of establishing trusted communications between your systems and those of the Registrant by means of standard middleware protocols.
- Any and all rights including intellectual property rights to the Metadata shall remain owned by the Registrar, the Registrants or the Signer.
- Compliance with applicable legislation: You are obliged to ensure that You hold all necessary licenses, permits and rights and that You comply with any and all applicable laws in connection with the use of the Metadata.
- Termination: In the event of any breach of these Terms, You are legally bound, at the request of the Signer, to promptly stop using the Metadata and delete the Metadata from your systems.
- Warranty: THE METADATA IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” REGISTRAR, REGISTRANTS AND SIGNER DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE METADATA. REGISTRAR, REGISTRANTS AND SIGNER MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO TITLE OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Liability: Your use of the Metadata is entirely at your own risk. Nothing in these Terms creates any liability on the part of the Registrar, the Registrants and the Signer. In no event shall Registrar, Registrants or Signer be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if Registrar, Registrants or Signer has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Neither the Registrar nor the Signer is under any obligation to inform You of any changes to the Metadata or if a Registrant ceases to be subject to the Registration Practice Statement.
- Other agreements: If You have a direct agreement with the Signer, that agreement shall take precedence over these Terms. In any other case, the provisions of these Terms shall take precedence.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York. The courts of New York will have exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute or claim.